Thursday 11 April 2024

University Challenge 2023-24: Best Buzzer Per Team

OK, so, the first series of the Amol Rajan era of University Challenge is over! So, time to look back on it. A more thorough summary coming up on Sunday, but, for now, here's my traditional listing of the best buzzers for each of the eight QF teams. So, here are those:
 
Justin Lee (Imperial) - 36 over six matches
Arthur Wotton (Christ Church) - 32 over five matches
Ali Izzatdust (U.C.L.) - 29 over six matches
Agnijo Banerjee (Trinity) - 29 over seven matches
Danny McMillan (Birkbeck) - 28 over five matches
James Davidson (Open) - 22 over five matches
Hiru Senehedheera (Manchester) - 22 over six matches
Matthew Nail (Sheffield) - 14 over four matches
 
And honourable mentions go to:
 
Adam Jones (Imperial) - 25 over six matches
Jeremi Jaksina (Trinity) - 20 over seven matches
James Hall (U.C.L.) - 19 over six matches
Dan Grady (Manchester) - 17 over six matches
Ann Gavaghan (Open) - 16 over five matches
Safiyyah Rujak (Sheffield) - 13 over four matches
Sourajit Debnath (Imperial) - 13 over six matches
Ryan Joonsuk Kang (Trinity) - 12 over seven matches
 
As usual, I have a full list for all eight QF teams; if you want a copy, let me know below or on X.

Back on Sunday with my fuller end of series review.

1 comment:

  1. Hey; thanks for all your stats - I actually just try and collect as many as I can from all series. But, as I'm sure you can appreciate, the older series are harder to find. I was just wondering how far back your QF'ist buzzer lists go/if you were willing to share a copy? If so, my email is as follows: gabsymalone13@gmail.com - if you don't want to that's fine - just thought I would try my luck.

    ReplyDelete