Tuesday 6 June 2023

University Challenge 2022-23: Best Buzzer Per Team

OK, so, time to start looking back at the series of UC just finished. A more thorough review of the series (and the Paxman era as a whole) coming up later this week (I hope). But firstly, to the bit that I thought was now redundant, but maybe not so much as I don't think I've seen much stat sharing on Twitter this series: the buzzer stats for the QF teams. So, here are the best buzzers for each of those:
 
Jacob McLaughlin (Bristol) - 40 over seven matches
Harry Scully (Durham) - 34 over seven matches
Roma Ellis (Newnham) - 30 over six matches
Dom Belcher (Southampton) - 29 over six matches
Joanna Brown (Royal Holloway) - 22 over five matches
James Salmon (U.C.L.) - 21 over five matches
Emily Cullen (Robert Gordon) - 17 over four matches
Sumit Aggarwal (Jesus) - 15 over four matches
 
And honourable matches go to:

Alex Radcliffe (Durham) - 24 over seven matches
Ethan Lyon (Southampton) - 18 over six matches
Hannah Bowen (Newnham) - 16 over six matches
Sam Kehler (Bristol) - 16 over seven matches
Donald Anderson (Robert Gordon) - 15 over four matches
George Harvey (Royal Holloway) - 15 over five matches
 
As ever, I have figures for every QF team participant; if you want to see, let me know below or on Twitter and I'll find some way of showing them to you.

Back on either Thursday or Sunday with my final thoughts for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment