Wednesday 7 April 2021

University Challenge 2020-21: Best Buzzer Per Team

OK, well, the series is over, so, once again, its time for my annual end of series review. First off, the short bit that's rather redundant now that UC stat compiling has become so widespread on Twitter, but which I still do for old time's sake. So, here are the best players on the buzzer for each quarter-finalist team:

Michael Kohn (Imperial) - 45 over seven matches
George Braid (Warwick) - 25 over six matches
Michael O'Connor (Balliol) - 24 over five matches
James Byrne & Daniel Lawson (Magdalene) - 23 each over seven matches
Cameron Welsh (Strathclyde) - 22 over five matches
Tom Banbury (Durham) - 16 over five matches
Louie Triggs (King's) - 14 over four matches
Jonathan Williams (Birkbeck) - 13 over four matches
 
Honourable mentions go to:
 
Andrew Rout (Warwick) - 21 over six matches
Adam Davies (Magdalene) - 19 over seven matches
Lily Crowther (Balliol) and Tom Starr-Marshall (Strathclyde) - 10 each over five matches
Owain Burrell (Warwick) - 10 over six matches
 
And special honourable mention goes to Shaun Webb of Corpus Christi for his 14 over two matches, one of the best ever from a player whose team didn't get to the QFs.

As usual, I have full tallies for all the quarter-finalists; let me know if you want them and I'll find some way to get them sent to you.

Back tomorrow or Sunday with my longer end of series review and some final thoughts; until then, sayonara.

2 comments:

  1. Your analysis is as appreciated as ever :); only thing I noticed was that I thought Magdalene played 7 games? I may just be being pedantic - thank you again and enjoy the break before the next series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no, you are absolutely right, my mistake. Will correct that now!

      Delete