Wednesday 17 April 2013

University Challenge: It Has Happened Again

I'm afraid we have had another slip-up from the folk at the Radio Times.

The online RT has printed the fixture for the Grand Final on 29th April, inadvertantly revealing who U.C.L. will be playing! I will not say who.

This is not the first time this has happened. It happened no fewer than three times in 2010-11. It was better last year, with the fixture not going up until after the second semi had gone out.

It has been reported (by me, and others) over on LAM numerous times when it has happened before. The UC crew have read this, and have taken action. And, until this slip-up, things have been fine on the 'accidental spoiler' front.

I can only advise that you don't look at the RT listings for Monday 29th until after next Monday's match. Unless you want to know who wins on Monday, of course, but the majority probably won't.

4 comments:

  1. So they have - thankfully on the short view the message cut out just before whatever team it is! So I still don't know. Here's hoping it was Bangor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inadvertent spoiler has now been removed.

    It had also happened in the 2009/2010 series, when I spotted it myself and emailed the Radio Times to ask them to remove it, and they did.

    So I emailed them again this year (thanks to Jack for spotting it this year), and they've removed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks kentishman - I very nearly did go and see it in the end but now don't have the chance and can still enjoy Monday's match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid the accidental spoiler is now back, in the form of an article on the same website previewing the final.

    ReplyDelete